“Argh! I had six calls from recruiters today after I posted an ad – it’s only been up for two hours!”
I know recruiters can be annoying, especially when some agencies have KPI’s in place to really ramp up “activity”. I’ve worked in environments like that before…it’s cringe, and it’s horrible picking up the phone when you know you’re going to annoy the person on the other end just to keep your boss happy by ticking those boxes.
Yes, KPI’s have their place, but when you’re recruiter number five out of the six that have called, you aren’t well received, and it does the recruitment agency’s brand more harm than good!
That’s why, as a business, having a strong relationship with your agency of choice is important. We know how you work; we know that when you need us, you will come to us, so we won’t bother you in the meantime. We know that when someone great comes along, you’re open to seeing their resume or meeting with them. All because we’ve already spent time with you, listening to your needs and understanding how you work.
When a business builds a good relationship with a recruitment agency, we become your sidekick in the quest to find top talent!
We don’t have to be your competition; we work as an arm to your business, offering extra bonus expertise. The Hermione Granger to your Harry Potter maybe?
Here are a few reasons I think we’re good to have around:
- Cost Efficiency: Partnering with us can be cost effective. It eliminates the need for hiring and training in-house recruiting teams, reducing HR costs. You can pay for recruitment services on a per-placement basis, making it a more cost-efficient option.
- Access to an Extensive Talent Pool: As part of NZ’s largest recruitment group, Accordant, we maintain a sizable network of candidates, including passive job seekers who may not be actively looking for jobs, or candidates who may have a skewed perception of your business and may not apply directly. This allows you to access a broader talent pool and enables us to become advocates for your business.
- Scalability: Whether you need to fill multiple positions quickly or scale down during quieter times, we offer flexibility that aligns with your hiring demands. You can find out more about our talent solutions here.
- Focus on Core Competencies: By outsourcing recruitment functions to us, your HR team can focus on core HR responsibilities and strategic objectives, enhancing overall productivity and growth, and making everyone in the organisation happier!
- Measurable Results: We are results driven, there’s no doubt about that! We can provide metrics and analytics to assess the success of the recruitment process or the candidate’s suitability, enabling you to make data-driven hiring decisions.
- Adaptability: We recruit across nearly every sector, so we’re accustomed to working with a variety of clients and can quickly adapt to different industries and job markets, making us versatile partners in finding the right talent. You can find out more about our areas of expertise here.
- Customised Solutions: We take the time to listen to your requirements, and can tailor our services to meet your specific hiring needs, and the goals of your organisation – it’s not a “one size fits all” approach!
So as much as we can be annoying, we can also be highly valuable for your business when you’re looking to leverage external expertise, enhance your talent acquisition efficiency, reduce costs, and achieve specific hiring objectives.
The key is to choose the right recruitment agency that aligns with your hiring goals and values, fostering a collaborative and productive working relationship. So, when those pesky recruiters call, you say “thanks, but no thanks, we work with Madison”.